Activate your user account
Welcome to Uppsala University! It's now time to activate your user account. If you forgot your password A this is where you setup a new one.
Log in with an account or with a onetime passcode. Click on the blue Info icon in the box for onetime passcode to see locations where you can pick one up.
UniversityAdmissions.se is the site where you apply to study at Uppsala University or another university or a university college in Sweden.
Please note that you must have a confirmed user on UniversityAdmissions.se to activate your user account at Uppsala University using UniversityAdmissions.se.
When you apply for a course for the first time, you create an account on UniversityAdmissions.se. You log in with the same account each time you want to apply to new courses or programs.
If you have a Swedish personal identity number and a Swedish registered address you will receive a postal letter with an activation code immediately after you created your account. When you log in to UniversityAdmissions.se and enter the activation code you get a confirmed account. With a confirmed account you can see your Swedish lower educational grades and other qualifications, reply to your Notification of Selection Results, read your messages and search for courses within the program.
After your second Notification of Selection Results you can with your confirmed account UniversityAdmissions.se apply for a student account at Uppsala University. This is currently the fastest way to get a student account at university.
eduID.se offers an easy, fast and safe way for students to verify their identity. eduID.se can be used for logging into UniversityAdmissions.se to apply higher education and reduces the number of logins a student needs to keep track of during his or her days as a student.
Please note that you must have a confirmed user on eduID.se to activate your user account at Uppsala University using UniversityAdmissions.se.
Not only students but also employees can use eduID.se. As an employee At Uppsala University you can use eduID.se to activate your employee's account or to set a new password A if you have lost it.
On eduID.se you can confirm your account by entering your personal identity number and then confirm it by any of the various methods available. As soon as you have a confirmed account at eduID.se you can use this to activate your university account or set a new password A if you have lost it.
If you can not use UniversityAdmissions.se or eduID.se to log in and activate your account, or set a new password A, you can pick up a onetime passcode by presenting a valid identity document in a number of places at the University.
As a student, employee or likewise active with a Swedish personal identity number, sign in using your social security number (twelve numbers) and the onetime passcode. Please note that the one-off code is valid only for four hours after receiving it.
Do you not have a Swedish personal identity number or is an external user, ie. not a student, employed or likewise active at the University, you will receive special instructions on the paper with the onetime passcode that you receive. Please note that the onetime passcode is valid only for four hours after receiving it.
If you don't have a Swedish personal identity number and can't pick up a onetime passcode in Uppsala or in Visby, you should contact the IT Service Desk at the university to get more help.
You can pick up a onetime passcode by presenting a valid identity document at the following places
- Receptionen at Uppsala Biomedical Centre (BMC), Husargatan 3 room B7:126b in Uppsala
- Reception at Blåsenhus, von Kraemers allé; 1A in Uppsala
- Reception at Campus Gotland; Cramérgatan 3 in Visby
- Reception at Ekonomikum; Kyrkogårdsgatan 10 entrance 10B in Uppsala
- Reception at Engelska parken, Thunbergsvägen 3H in Uppsala
- Reception at Gamla torget, Gamla torget 6 in Uppsala
- Reception at Geo Centre, Villavägen 16 in Uppsala
- Servicecenter, Segerstedt building, Dag Hammarskjölds väg 7 in Uppsala
- Onetime passcodes are now available at the following locations at Ångström Laboratory, Lägerhyddsvägen 1, Uppsala
- Employees will receive onetime code of their employer/institution/unit's staff administrator in connection with the recruitment process.
- Students usually receive their onetime codes via student service in Ångström (adjacent to the library on floor 1)
- Employees and students can also retrieve their onetime code at The reception or “Keys and Cards”-desk at the Ångströmlaboratory, Lägerhyddsvägen 1 in Uppsala
Please note that you can only fetch a onetime passcode at the sites at their regular hours. As more sites can handout onetime passcode's this list will be expanded.
Which valid identification documents can be used to get a onetime passcode?
- National identity card issued within EU, EEA or Switzerland
- Driving license isued from 2013 (or later) within EU, EEA or Switzerland
- Swedish driving license
- Swedish Tax Agency identity card
- SIS-marked identity card issued by a Swedish bank or company
- Swedish national identity card issued by the Swedish police
Joint Web Login
Joint Web Login
Uppsala University has a central authentication service for web services called Joint Web Login. It's this service that you normally use to log into services at the university, for example the Student Portal and the Medarbetarportalen.
If you already have an active user account at Uppsala University, you can use this to log in and activate your other accounts at the University.
As a student, you can use your student account to activate your employee account if you are employed at the university and the other way around.
As an employee or likewise activite, you can use your employee account to activate and do password resets for functional accounts that you are responsible for.
Do you want to know more about the different login methods click the blue Info icon to open an information window for each method.